Tuesday, May 19, 2009

G-g-groin Injury

About a week ago I pulled my groin and it felt so good I’ve been doing it everyday since! Hi-yo! No seriously, somehow I strained my groin muscle last week but I’ve been fortunate in that it hasn’t really hampered me too much. However, last night while I was playing rec league softball I managed to reinjure it. I’m going to do a couple more easy runs this week leading up to the Bolder Boulder and hope that I’m shipshape by Monday. Some of you may be thinking that it is extremely unfortunate that I injured myself the week before a race but then you people aren’t paying attention to my M.O. Now I have the perfect excuse for failing to meet my race goal. I mentioned yesterday that you should be on the look out for some good excuses this week but I had no idea that I would find one so quickly.

Actually I don’t think the injury is going to slow me down at all as I seem to be OK running on it. So why bring it up? Well, it was a good excuse to post this video of Sam Malone (Cheers) rapping about a g-g-groin injury. I cannot hear the words ‘groin injury’ without thinking of it.

Enjoy.


Sam Malone - I On Sports

16 comments:

  1. Weird PLUS an obscure Cheers reference. Points for Vanilla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers. Classic. My favorite line of all time is Woody joyfully proclaiming "You can really taste the kale!" when drinking the veggie drink.

    You keep pulling your groin like that, you'll be blind before the race even starts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your groin snaps like a wishbone! That would be g-g-great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should confess you really pulled it leaping to retrieve a childs toy.

    and that your ever beautiful and moreover right wife said not to play because 'softball is just a game' and not worth it.

    enough of the nagging wife... I'll fix it for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, this post, over my head like I stated today in my shout out that gave you on my blog, but hey, vaneezie, get better soon, miss your slow turtle running stories. okay, that was much to mean for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rec Softball is the source of every injury that has ever occurred. It is the evil, but it still should be played like Game seven of the World Series. ;) Or like Sam Malone...

    ReplyDelete
  7. not so sure it is a real injury. likely a fake injury to make your new PR that much more remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we're going to have to see a note from your doctor to excuse your race results.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stopping by your blog. I'm running the Bolder Boulder too (I live in Longmont). I wish I'd pull my groin so I wouldn't have to meet any kind of PR. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is why men shouldn't try acrobatics in bed. It impresses no one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Only the manliest of men are injured in rec softball accidents. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man, that video takes me back - hilarious! Although I haven't seen it in well over a decade and a half I always think about that little rap whenever I hear of a pro athlete going down with a grrrooooiinnn injury. Heal-Fast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And another great Cheers line:

    Woody: "Would you like you cucumber bruised?"
    Norm: "Slightly."

    For those not in the know, that is the secret last step in mixing a little mythical drink known as "The Screaming Viking".

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ouch. Ted Danson shouldn't quit his day job. Wait. What IS Ted Danson's day job now?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.