Friday, August 21, 2009

The New Podcast is Up

Which is to say that it is available for download and has been posted at our podcast site. I should probably have a permanent link to the podcast site somewhere on the right side of this blog and get into the whole spirit of promoting it. I’ll eventually get around to that and maybe I’ll even take the time to figure out the embeddable player. The thing that I don’t get about the embeddable player is how it... THEY’RE NOT CARGO SHORTS!!!!!! I’m sorry for that outburst, I just can’t go on pretending that things are OK between us after your mockery of my race wardrobe yesterday. You all owe me an apology and a hug. I don’t wear cargo shorts when I run. I make fun of people who wear cargo shorts when they run (see here). These are the same shorts I’m wearing in this picture, which no one had a problem with at the time... in fact... that’s the same shirt and hat too, even though that was taken almost 2 years ago... hmmm... could it be that it’s time to update my wardrobe? No, the hat stays but maybe I should update the lucky blue race shirt (which has clearly lost its mojo) and the shorts (but not because they’re cargo shorts just because they’re old).

Where was I? Oh yes, the podcast. One of the searches that led to Half-Fast this past week was ‘half fast podcast’ but let me be clear that it’s not the Half-Fast podcast. (I know this because there is no Half-Fast podcast.) It’s merely the podcast that I, the author of Half-Fast, participate in. Sure, I may be the most blindingly attractive of the participants (it used to be Amy, but she went and got knocked up and fat and stuff) but it’s not my podcast and the other members of the team deserve equal recognition, actually probably more recognition. So once again thank you to Amy, Nitmos, and Raz who did their best to make me sound funny and whom I feel weird about referring to by their screen names since we all call each other by our given names when we do the ‘cast.

This week on the Banned on the Run we interview John from Hella Sound about the running music that he records. John has been kind enough to supply us with some original music for the podcast intro and outro (is that a word) which means we don’t have to steal stuff or resort to music that is so crappy that no one wants to copyright it. Thanks John! Anyway, if you don’t want to listen to the podcast I strongly encourage you to go check out John’s site at www.hellasound.com. John records original music for runners, synced to your individual pace to help you through your run, and if you’re like me, you can use all help you can get.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

11 comments:

  1. I use outro all the time, so I'm sure it's a word.

    I'm with ya on calling people their screen name. It's just weird now.

    BTW, I'm just going to copy and paste your stuff about the podcast. Not the cargo shorts, though. That's your issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad the whole cargo shorts thing came up after the podcast was taped. Feritle, fertile soil...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still calling cargo shorts. And for what it's worth, they looked like cargo shorts in teh previous picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart is broken. I can't believe I missed out on belittling you and your cargo shorts. *sob*

    Obviously I'm losing my touch. I guess my blog-vacation may actually be needed. How sad.

    Happy running to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to give hugs. Just please empty all of those pockets first...

    :)

    Nice work on the podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (((((Old Spice)))))))

    Sorry you got heat about your cargo shorts. I'll check out your podcast this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they sure look like cargo shorts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Podcast schmodcast. All I got outta that post was VANILLA RUNS IN CARGO SHORTS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love cargo shorts, stay strong!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. At least you have plenty of pockets to carry gels and sportbeans and whatnot. And sunblock, and deodorant, and an extra pair of running shoes, and the kitchen sink.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehe, cargo shorts. Could be worse, they could be parachute pants. Almost as bad.

    Nice work on the podcast. It even trumped a few other podcasts in my playlist.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.