Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rundom Thoughts

At the risk of starting another blog feud I’m going to go ahead and post some more Rundom Thoughts. If I don’t post them then the terrorists (Nitmos) will have won, and also, I’m pretty sure that they would just keep building up until the pressure caused my head to explode. As I’ve said before you can think of these Rundom Thoughts posts as me relieving myself onto the blog.
  • Shouldn’t Team In Training be abbreviated as TIT? I really think that this could only help bring more attention to their cause.
  • Unavoidable running law: If you arrive at a crosswalk tired and in need of a break all traffic will stop to let you keep going. If you are in the zone and feeling strong no one stops to let you cross.
  • Vibram Five Fingers are like the Crocs of running shoes. Everyone says they’re really comfortable but they look ridiculous. “Hey look at me, I’m Frodo Baggins!”
  • Do they also make gloves called Vibram Five Toes? The Hell?
  • And another thing, what’s with the discrimination against people with 6 toes, Vibram?
  • Three words: Bacon Flavored Gels. How about it CLIF SHOT people?
  • In order to recruit more people to become runners I think we need to update the lingo a little. Talking about the ‘runner’s high’ probably worked well to recruit people in the 70s and 80s but I think it’s time we all started referring to it as the ‘runner’s orgasm.’ That’s bound to entice more people to the sport. Sex sells, baby!
  • I received an e-mail last week (while my unsolicited e-mail rant was still at the top of the page) from Michelle asking for publicity for the Run For Life Salt Lake Half Marathon on September 5th. The subject was “At great risk of ridicule or mocking...” Ballsy move Michelle, but I was in a good mood, so go check it out.
  • Lesson to be learned: Make sure your solicitous e-mails show up in my inbox when I’m in a good mood. Good luck with that.
  • Yesterday I followed a car with the license plate MRTHNR. The license plate holder said ‘I do 26.2’ and there was a bumper sticker of a local running club on the car plus an additional 26.2 sticker. Naturally the car was a Toyota 4Runner. Even I thought it was a little over the top. I tried to get close enough to snap a cell phone picture but I couldn’t catch up... I think that might be a sign or something.
  • Candis finished the Tri Babes sprint Triathlon on Sunday in 1:27:38, a full 10 minutes faster than last year! I’m trying to talk her into a race report.
  • An awesome job to be sure, but a 30 minute 5k to end it? That’s never going to be fast enough to beat me at the Skirt Chaser this Saturday, even with the 3 minute head start they give the skirts.
  • I cannot reiterate this enough: They’re NOT Cargo Shorts!
  • I hate the T9 predictive text software on my phone. Candis and I had a major misunderstanding recently when I texted her to tell her that I was going on a ‘5 milf run through the neighborhood’ after work. 5 MILE run, a 5 MILE run you stupid phone!

30 comments:

  1. 5 milf run - you are in trouble!

    And I echol the bacon shots comment. How come we have to have fruit flavors? A little bacon/beef/chicken would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and Yes - I was thinking about TIT the other day. I motion that all further references to Team In Training be abbreviated as T-I-T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They already make bacon flavored nutrition. They're called Snausages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put bacon bits in my camelbak so they dissolve in the gatorade.

    a 5 milf run with T - I - T. Now that might be something you want to build up to a "I do 26.2."

    Good stuff ... thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big man to do Randumbery when the other one is on vacation. Big Man, indeed.

    If anyone explain T9 to me, go for it. My students have tried and even they gave up. I can easily see how you made that mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes, I can see it now:

    * "T.I.T. needs your support!"

    * "The finish line was blocked by two heaving T.I.T.s"

    * "I left T.I.T."
    "Left T.I.T.?"
    "Right, T.I.T."

    Thank you. Thank you. I'm here all week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tit is hilarious, you had me cracking up. And the marathoner car... yes, very over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, hopefully if you go out for your five milf run you will be able to achieve the sought after runner's orgasm. If not, perhaps you should consider running with some TITs. I'll stop now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does it work both ways? If someone asks me what I was thinking about/gaping at, I should say Team in Training(s)?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to Candis! At this rate, she might just kick your butt on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was once a member of Team In Training, and I often thought the same thing! Though people had plenty of reason to laugh at my running already without me wearing "TIT" plastered to the front of my shirt, so I was glad they stuck with TNT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. bacon GU? I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It would be more fun to run with five MILFs than to run five miles. Personally I like the DILFs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm silently giggling uncontrollably here... can't be too loud, or I'll have to explain milf and tit to the kids...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, they do have Baconaise and Bacon lip balm. http://store.baconsalt.com/

    The progression to Bacon Gu is only natural. I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The crosswalk theory is dead on!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Always thought it should be TIT.

    If my guy was going for a 5 milf - shit would hit the fan, shit would hit the fan...

    ReplyDelete
  18. WHY NOT a little protein in the GU? AND with bacon being the perfect food and thee best part of the pig, it's really a combo made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm just going to put on my innocent face and pretend I have No Idea what Milf could refer to.
    Honest.
    See this innocent face? Would I lie?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved the comment about Vibram! Made me chuckle. And I too hate predictive texting. Damn you phone, you don't know what I'm trying to say (except sometimes it does, scary)!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I had to look up what Vibrams were. Seems kind of dumb if you only have 4 toes.

    Snorted at the 5 Milf Run.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Doesn't T9 word default to your most often used word? I'm thinking this isn't the first time MILF has been typed on that phone.

    ReplyDelete
  23. ummm bacon flavored GU. and don't forget the 'with hot cheese' option.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I needed a good laugh this morning! Thanks vanilla!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mmm...Sausage...DILF...my brain has gone in a whole new direction. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. And I second Jamoosh's motion on TIT. I would like to see my 24-YO T"N"T co-worker wearing a shirt that said TIT, just to see the reactions.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Why is milf in your T9's vocabulary? Mine doesn't have that.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are oh-so-very-late on the TIT bandwagon. Check the blogosphere. There are many others (all men) who have pondered the same thing.

    They couldnt use the TIT abbreviation because there is a whole separate organization that does charity running for breast cancer. Couldnt make people confused :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ok, I just have read so much about you from other blogs that I had to come check you out. I've often thought the same thing about Team in Training...dirty minds think alike.
    BTW-that was my 4-runner that you were after. Not really, but I live in CO and see so many of those damn 26.2 stickers!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.