Monday, September 24, 2007

My Balls Ache

I ran 12 miles on Saturday and ever since then the balls of my feet have been killing me. What? Oh, you thought I meant those balls? How uncouth of you. To be honest I am a little bit offended at your boorish imagination. Sitting there reading my blog and thinking about my private parts, it is quite unacceptable! Not only that it's downright discourteous and disrespectful to me as an individual.

Let's be serious, if I were to ever experience discomfort in that area, my very favorite area, I would give up running faster than you could say "testicular fortitude." Heck, I'd give up eating and probably breathing too before I'd put up with any discomfort down there.

As I was saying, I ran 12 miles on Saturday and the pain started around mile 9 or 10. It began in the ball of my right foot and by the end of my run it was affecting the balls of both feet. It's actually much better today but it was pretty painful yesterday. Has anyone ever experienced this? It just figures that something like this would show up 3 weeks before my half marathon. It's like a metaphorical kick in the balls (yes, now I'm speaking about those balls... metaphorically anyway).

16 comments:

  1. I had similar pain when I stared to up the mileage on my long runs. It went away as my balls got tougher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, so I was sort've drinking when I clicked on your blog and I sort've spit water out of my nose when I saw that. A little warning would be nice. Pretty please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tag on this one "disturbing mental images"

    Ohhhh Vanilla who are you kidding. If you did feel pain in THAT area you'd still be running :P

    I don't know homie, I've never had feet issues. Only "lady area" ones LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes have issues with the ball of my left foot. The doctor said it was because I needed WIDE shoes, apparently my balls are too big.

    Oh boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you need some new shoes?

    Your big balls are probably wearing out your shoes too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By far the funniest male blogger that I read. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, time for new shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had the same thing when I upped my mileage. I don't think I didn't anything special - the pain just went away on its own.

    And great tags. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you've been reading too many of marcy's blog. I would suggest some spenco liners for your balls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was contagious? One foot caught it after the other had it?

    How many miles are on your shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to have to get these images out of my head before I can comment. Guess that leaves Marcy's blog out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in a businees mtg about to get busted for blogging because I'm laughing.

    Sorry no advice for your balls.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replace the shoes was my first thought, but they only have 140 mile on them. I think maybe my balls are just too big. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a good excuse to buy some new shoes if you ask me.

    As for me, I'm looking for a soothing creme to rub on my balls.

    I don't know which is worse an ache or an itch...

    ReplyDelete
  15. i had this same problem when training for my first half marathon. having to do with overpronation. i needed wider shoes and orthotics.

    my balls haven't bothered me at all during my marathon training since i got "fixed". hahahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.