Thursday, September 20, 2007

Addicted

So... Uh... I've got a confession to make. I went running again in the morning. In fact, I've been doing it a lot more than I've let on here. I didn't mean to, it just kind of happened... You know how it is... One thing led to another and before I knew it I was up and running at 4:30 AM. I swear it didn't mean anything to me, and I was thinking of evening running the whole time I was doing it.

It's not what it looks like. I can quit any time I want to. It's not like I'm the only person in the world doing this, there are tons of people who are even worse than me. Besides, I'm only hurting myself.

Yeah, so I'm a morning runner now. I didn't even see this coming, and it happened so quickly. It was a mere 6 weeks ago that I posted how I was dreading getting up to go run in the morning, and now I dread the thought of having to wait until I get home to go run. Me and morning running, we go together like PB and J, like Siegfried and Roy, like Lindsay Lohan and hooch.

It's like I'm having an out of body experience and someone else is controlling my actions, because 6 weeks ago I would have told you that you were out of your dome for suggesting that I'd look forward to morning runs. I am NOT a morning person. I don't understand what's going on. I'm going to be really worried if I start getting actual work done at the office instead of reading blogs and researching fantasy football. I mean, call an exorcist or something because I'm no longer in control here.

Let the intervention begin in the comments, and someone be sure to bring the Holy Water.

23 comments:

  1. AHA! I knew it would happen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Training wreacker!

    Have you told your evening run about it, or are you still keeping it on the DL?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what time do you have to go to bed if you get up at 4.30am?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't mention that it's one of the reliable signs of getting older... the morning hours start seeming way more appealing. Then you start getting all yawny at night and really looking forward to bedtime, and not in a hubba-hubba way either. Not far behind? EarlyBird dinner specials. You've been warned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooooooooooooooo yeah!! Vanilla was converted to the dark side. Isn't so nice to not have it looming over your head all day? Nothing but free time baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, we have no choice but to force some EMRA (Early Morning Runner's Anonymous) literature on you and hope you make the right decision.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like LiLo and Hooch? This IS a serious problem.

    I have to be in Denver on Monday. Maybe we can do some sort of intervention.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry, the evening will still take you back. I have shunned it numerous times, but with open arms it always welcomes me back, especially in the cold winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Consume more alcohol at night, just like L Lo. I guarantee you won't feel the same about morning running.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not sure I can call you brother anymore. You've changed. Next thing you know you'll be on time for church!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found your blog - HI.LAR.IOUS.

    Welcome to the cool click of morning runners. We are way cooler than night runners and if they say any differently, we can write nasty rumors about them in the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm jealous. My bowels won't let me run in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, good on ya, but your sure as hell not converting me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Same thing happened to me. One day you dread the thought of waking up early, but then a few weeks later you're all over it like a bad rash.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The force is strong in this one. Welcome my friend, to the Dark Side.

    ReplyDelete
  17. the problem with morning running is . . . you can't run from bar to bar.

    ReplyDelete
  18. the problem with morning running is . . . you can't run from bar to bar.

    but you can drink a half a bottle of wine at night :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pat, two words for you:

    Fuel Belt

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wait 'til you discover the lunch-time run. Put in a full day at the office and still get your work out in. And nobody has to know. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I recently converted to the mornings, too.
    I'm so drousy that I forget what I'm doing...works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hilarious! I also love the morning run.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.