Saturday, September 1, 2007

Weekend Splits - Hooray Cheerleaders!

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.

The Weekend Splits are being posted a little late today (OK a LOT late) because I spent the morning at the Colorado vs Colorado State football game in a stadium with 60,000 screaming fans, 50% Colorado fans and 50% disappointed fans. Go Buffs!! Football season is upon us, and I'm happier than the Minneapolis Airport bathroom attendant. Blood makes the grass grow.


I've been told that the above video is the oldest video in the history of the Internet, but I've never seen it before and it fits nicely with the cheerleader theme. Apart from being incredibly stupid and dangerous I really like how all the guys congratulate each other while the cheerleader is left dazed and holding her head. You guys are like the coolest male cheerleaders ever! Video credit to With Leather.

Carrie over at the Lewis Girls blog discovered a running cheerleader in her neighborhood whilst on her afternoon run. Why does this never happen to me?

Country Music Television is going to be airing a new reality show called I Want To Look Like a High School Cheerleader Again. The women will be whipped into shape by the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader trainer. Wait, they have their own trainer? It sounds like an awful show that will be an absolute trainwreck, I'm sure I'll be addicted to it in no time. Hey, don't we have all know a blogger in Dallas? Any chance we'll see you on this show Amy? Don't you want to look like a high school cheerleader?

Speaking of Amy she is in training for a marathon and wrote a hilarious story about it here. It's not news that Amy wrote a hilarious story, just that it was running related. By the way, that's a direct link to the story as opposed to a link to the front page of her site - it took me forever to figure out how to do that.

New running blog The Middle of the Pack explains why we are middle of the pack runners. Here's to hoping for more posts at The Middle of the Pack.

Lei at Aquarium gives us a short post about running on a full stomach. Sage advice, I bet you all wish my posts were as short as that.

Also of note this week, I got my first mean-spirited comment when someone named Daniel took something I wrote too seriously. Daniel's first mistake was taking me seriously, his second mistake was not using spell-checker and getting his panties in a bunch over a pretty tame post. Celebrity; C-E-L-E-B-R-I-T-Y. Thanks for stopping by Daniel, please come back and comment again. You can see his comment here, because I didn't delete it. You see, I don't mind people offering a differing (read: wrong) opinion here at Half-Fast.

Thanks to lifestudent who mentioned me here and here. What better way to improve your blog than by mentioning me not once but TWICE in one week. Thanks lifestudent. You rock.

Thanks also to Crabby McSlacker. I've said it before and I'll say it again; if you don't read Cranky Fitness everyday then you should at least stop by every Friday because the Friday posts are always fantastical. In fact, if you're reading this Crabby I'd like to recommend you name your Friday posts Fantastical Funny Fridays. It may sound like an overstatement, but trust me, it's not.

Finally, for no other reason than I love my readers and they seemed to enjoy the picture of David Beckham - here's another one (click to enlarge). Male readers are encouraged to visit this post for eye candy.

Have a great looooooong weekend everyone! Happy Running!

8 comments:

  1. first of all, who came all up in here and got all SERIOUS? I come over here daily to LAUGH! and boy your last three posts are NUTS. And don't rip off blind doods. What comes around goes around. And David Beckham looks a LITTLE to skinhead/neo-nazi or something for me...I can understand the appeal but he doesn't get my motor running at all. BUT, I thank you for thinking of your female readership...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Daniel was fired up. He's probably dating that roller derby chick and was a little offended for her sake.
    Sincerely,
    Vanilla's biggest "fan"
    (notice how I put that in quotes?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know you have made it 'big' when you get the irate commenter. It's like a right of passage from mere blogger, to icon. Soon you will have your own fragrance and reality show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!!! Ohhhh Vanilla you are officially the King Of Blogs. I'm STILL trying to infuriate my readers LOL. High fivers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think dan is really one of the 'celebs'. For your sake I hope he's not Romanoski or one of the roller babes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. David who? Looks like a statue, without the pigeon poo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the Beckham! Now I'm a permanent fan of your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmmmm, David Beckham. I'm sure there was more to your post than that picture, but I can't seem to remember anything else now.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.