Saturday, September 22, 2007

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.


Video courtesy of Bob's Random Thoughts While Running blog who asks "are you the monkey or the dog?"

RunnerGirl is done for the year. My condolences, it sucks to be injured. I'm glad that you're going to keep working out and doing spin class etc. I would SO let myself go if I knew I was done for the year. I'd be eating Baconators and Deep-fried Twinkies like they were going out of style.

Congrats to Amy who won a 15K, or won her division of a 15K or something like that in 1:14:30 which is super duper über fast in my book (a 7:59 pace). Also congrats on being hit on by 4 women at an Indigo Girls concert, you have to read the story.

Just Your Average Joggler has the 9 essential spots where you should apply body glide to prevent chaffing, but be careful if you head over there because there is a picture of some skimpily dressed men (safe for work). And before some of you readers get excited and flock to his site (Yes, I'm talking to you Marcy and Ali) they aren't particularly the kind of men who SHOULD be skimpily dressed.

Miss Petite America ran 18 miles on a treadmill. Just as soon as I get done with this post I'm calling the men in white jackets and they're coming to take her away ho ho hee hee ha haaa!

A lot of people mentioned Half-Fast this past week, including one person who apparently thought of me while she was in the shower. There were far too many to list individually, but know that it is always appreciated. To be honest there's probably not too many to list individually but I'm too lazy to do it this week. What do you people want from me?

Have a good weekend everyone! Happy Running!

5 comments:

  1. I totally got to the part where you wrote

    "there is a picture of some skimpily dressed men (safe for work)"

    and immediately headed over. Damn. That will teach me to read the second sentence. Although I TOTALLY appreciate that blog post because it seems that I'm not the only one who has butt crack issues :P (although mine are from rowing not running LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one of the funniest videos I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monkeys are funny!

    And so are really big men in diapers. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only have the crack issues when I do sit ups, which seems to bring this full circle back to that hilarious video. I loved when the monkey was trying to get the dog to do something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't listen - I went and looked at the skimpily dressed men - I couldn't help myself.

    I should of listened

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.