Sunday, September 30, 2007

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.


Thanks to Jes with one "s" for e-mailing me the picture that I'm using for this weeks weekend splits. It's OK for me to post right Jes, there's no copyright restrictions are there? Because you didn't mention any when you sent it to me. You should check out Jes' blog, Self Motivation which unlike so many blogs today does not suck.

While surfing dmitri's trail blog, I found a link to a post at Bad Ben's Ramblings which details the rules for proper T-Shirt etiquette. I encourage you to check it out, especially if you've ever wondered whether you should wear the race shirt of the race you never actually finished, or if you want to know if you can wear your race shirt prior to the race.

Ali only has 10 runs to go (probably less now) and had a great post honoring the occasion - The Top 10 Overrated list. I'm intrigued to find out what she blogs about over at Just One More Mile after she quits running in 10 days, perhaps it could be a celebrity gossip blog because we could use another one of those.

The Science of Sport has been doing a fantastic series on running technique and I heartily encourage everyone to go and check it out. The first post in the series can be found here and from there you can simply click the 'Newer Post' link to get to the next one. Or alternately you can view the entire series by following the running technique label and start from the bottom. Some of the posts are quite long, but before you start complaining it's because they contain actual facts that will be beneficial to you as a runner. As a faithful Half-Fast reader you're obviously not used to that. I can't stress enough how much I recommend that you take some time and read these articles, I mean if you can take the time out of your day to come read Half-Fast then you can definitely take the time to read something that will actually be useful.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Vanilla

    Ross Tucker here, from over at Science of Sports. Thanks a lot for the positive writeup, much appreciated! I hope the readers who are referred are not as critical as some I've had, been fending 'em off all week over here!!!

    But thanks again, I haven't forgotten your question, will mail soon!

    Regards
    Ross

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFLMAO Dude!! The rules of t-shirt etiquette shiznit was funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. t-shirt etiquette is too funny.

    maybe that's what I'll do, form a committee for race shirt etiquette

    ReplyDelete
  4. The t-shirt etiquette was hilarious. Thank you. And I'm not sure about the comic being copywrited... if someone comes knocking on your blog door, just send them over to me. I'll take care of it. (o;

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.