Saturday, September 15, 2007

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.

Thank you all for the links and suggestions that you posted in the comments section of my last entry. Shortly after I posted it I found the following cycling instructional video posted over at With Leather. I'm going to do my best to copy the techniques in the video.


Pretty awesome huh? Does it make me a bad person for laughing to the point of tears at some of those wrecks? I sure hope not. Speaking of wrecks, I found the following picture over at Speedwork, he finds the best pictures – Speedwork is also where I found the picture of the wooden tandem bike.

I think that most of you probably read Lawsons do Dallas already, but in the event that you do not, Amy had a great story involving her husband and a treadmill this past week. I keep telling myself that I'm not going to just keep linking to her blog in the weekend splits, but every week she has at least one post that has me rolling in fits of laughter and I just have to share it. Plus it takes a lot of effort each week to find links for the weekend splits, and it's pretty easy to just keep going back to the same well.

I've recently been visiting a new blog called Crash Fistfight written by Crash who is a triathlete. For those of you who like to learn from other's mistakes, he has some good advice on what not to do before you run a half marathon: Don't get drunk. Crap. I guess I'll have to amend my plans for my upcoming half.

As I was perusing the Runners Lounge blog I came across a post written by Amy that included advice on running fashion tips. It's definitely worth a read, and be sure to follow the link on there to the Fat Triathlete's guide to the Irresponsible use of Spandex. Good stuff.

Finally, the cookie diet gets a review (highly recommended - the article is highly recommended, not the cookie diet.) from a guest blogger over at Cranky Fitness. I had never heard about the cookie diet until I mentioned it here and now I keep seeing it everywhere.

Reciprocal Shout-Outs:
Moon – Moon is busy working towards a Mickey Medal.
Amy at Runners Lounge.
Marcy who is always an entertaining read.
That crazy girl who's running everyday. Someone told me she was smart and pretty too. While that may be true it's unfortunately offset by the fact that she's Canadian, eh.

I'm off to get my long run in. Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. I think some of those people may be dead- but because they were idiots. You can't help that. I could show it to my boys for what not to do- they'd probably do it and think those idiots just did it wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats natural selection at its finest, if you ask me.

    Vanilla: Take a lesson from the one guy in that video who was actually wearing a helmet. Wear a helmet. Especially if you're going to jump down a flight of stairs, blindfolded, with no hands. But more importantly, get it on tape when you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I have pain just watching that video.

    Thank you for keeping it real for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez Vanilla, always get a second opinion. You can totally get drunk the night before a half marathon, but go easy on the cajun food. We had a good time on Bourbon St the night before the 2006 Mardi Gras Half Marathon. It involved a Hurricane, a Hand Grenade, and jambalaya, shrimp remoulade, shrimp etouffee and gator. Marinade it in alcohol all night, shake it well the next day, and it is just about guaranteed to get to the finish line before you do. TMI? It was so much fun we went a day earlier this year, and got a whole lot drunker. So maybe my idea of a good time isn't a fast finish time...

    Doug, you look an awful lot like an "endorphiend" to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing, and I mena NOTHING is funnier than people falling.

    Yes, I'm very mature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe you're like the cookie diet messiah: you've introduced the world to the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cyclists are obviously American eh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, so now I know what they mean by 'face plant'.

    I bet dentist's like that video. Cha-ching.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.