Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Vote Early Vote Often

The 2007 Weblog AwardsOne of my very best cyber-friends, Amy Lawson has been nominated for the 2007 Weblog Awards in the category of Funniest Blog. If you've never read Amy's blog then you should go do that, but not until after you've voted. Amy is very funny and as if that wasn't enough she's also a runner. A very fast one. So let's all come together as a running community and help out a fellow runner.

My initial thought when I read about the nomination on her blog was to chuckle and think of creative ways that I could call her a geek. Then I realized that the only thing geekier than pimping your own blog for the Weblog Awards is pimping your cyber-friend's blog for a Weblog Award.

Am I a geek? I guess you could argue that I am, but my devastating good looks and charming wit blow an ozone sized hole in your argument. To vote, simply go to the Weblog Awards Funniest Blog page and scroll down until you see The Lawson's do Dallas in the comments, then click the plus sign in the bottom right hand corner of the comment. You don't have to fill out any personal information and it seriously takes 5 seconds to vote. I know you've got some time to kill because otherwise you wouldn't be here. As an added benefit you can try to guilt Amy into making you a magnet as thanks for your vote.

This is great because it gives me an opportunity to use my 'helping others' tag which makes me feel charitable and not so self-centered. Tomorrow, we'll resume with your normal programming of me talking about me, and my upcoming race, and my training.

5 comments:

  1. It touches me that you're such a giving man :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I thought only folks who worked for web companies like me paid attention to these geeky things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, sir, are a geek. But a nice, kind hearted, giving one. You should be up for some sort of charitable prize... maybe a Nobel, perhaps?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, Vanilla, look how nice you are!

    I'm gonna email Runner's World and tell them that you should be one of their regular bloggers...no seriously, I am.

    Just because I want to be nicer than you are.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.