Saturday, October 13, 2007

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.

As a runner, you’ve probably always heard that you shouldn’t wear high heels because it’s bad for your back, your knees or your ankles and while I never wear heels I have always been a big fan of them. The ladies in the following video [from My Boston Marathon 2010 via With Leather] take it to a whole new level, they are racing in heels.


Gesundheit! Also see basketball in heels.

If you haven’t already read Amy’s most recent marathon training incident over at Lawson’s Do Dallas then I encourage you to do so. Not only is her story-telling funny as always, but this particular entry is also illustrated by the author.

Jes (Self Motivation) has a unique way of applauding those who finished Chicago, while Jess (21 Days) has a link to an ebay auction where you can buy a medal in case you didn’t get to finish. Thanks Jes(s)!

Speaking of Chicago, Mark the Running Blogfather posted a great article over at Complete Running calling out the organizers and the Chicago press for their spin after the race.

This last link isn’t really running related but it really made me laugh and I found it at a runner’s blog so I’m including it here. Thanks to Taryn for the Poison Control post.

Have a great weekend everyone! I’ll be back early on Monday morning with a Blog Action Day post and I’ll have a full race report from the Denver Half Marathon sometime after.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Vanilla

    Good luck in Denver, hope it goes well!
    Ross

    ReplyDelete
  2. my ankle's are breaking just watching that video- and I'm pretty sure that 1st interview is NOT a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you might catch me running in heels for 10K Euro too. And is it just me or was there a height requirement for this race too??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...i'm new here. Love the blog! Watching your video makes me cringe, and I'm a guy! How do the heels not come off?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those medals may be for sale on ebay, but the more I think on it, the more a yogurt lid medal (like from The Office) makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your weekend splits just get better and better. As university has started and I'm working hard 6 days a week, your blog is one of my eagerly-anticipated Sunday treats. Keep it up!

    Oh, and good luck for the half marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. running in heels? wrong. just.plain.wrong.

    I LUV the weekend splits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad I do not wear heals, It looks so painful watching them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm running in heels. I'm thinking this sounds interesting..I mean I hate heels, but wouldn't running in shoes feel a lot easier after a run like that.

    Can't wait for the race report!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to say congrats on your sub 2-hour race!
    Yeah, I'm a stalker....whatev.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wanted to say congrats on your sub 2-hour race!
    Yeah, I'm a stalker....whatev.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.