Saturday, October 27, 2007

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.

It’s not delivery...

Picture credit to And I’m Not Lying – For Real (via With Leather and KSK). These pictures have been all over the Internet for the past few days so you may have seen them before, but it was too good to pass up. I like to think the artist named that 4th picture “Things That Will Kill You.” The Dr. Pepper is a nice touch as it ironically brings the phrase “just what the doctor ordered” to mind.

In another post relating to guns, Zero to Boston answers the question of what it feels like to run the final miles of a marathon. It doesn’t make me want to run one.

Just One Marathon implores you to Run Sexy, which probably doesn’t include eating pizza with McDonalds as a topping. I can’t help but run sexy, I sweat sexy from my pores, the rest of you will have probably have to work at it.

The Boozehounds Inc. Running Team has a solution to the age old dilemma: Go home and run or go out for drinks with co-workers.

You might want to sit down for this one because it’s going to floor you. WebMD revealed this week that after people get married they have a tendency to gain weight! Are you telling me that people stop trying after they get married? Next thing you know wives will start becoming less interested in sex, and husbands will stop paying attention and once that happens you then you can just forget about the romance. In related news the sky is blue, grass is green and Britney is a bad parent.

Quick Hits
Pieces Of Me has a funny breakdown of the people at her gym.
Jason’s Running Diary shares 30 things he’s learned from training for a marathon.
Best of luck to the Joggler today as he attempts to set a new World Record by Joggling an Ultra Marathon faster than anyone ever has. UPDATE: He did it! Congrats to the Joggler on the new WORLD RECORD!
Best of luck to Ali as she runs the Grand Rapids marathon.

Have a great weekend everyone. Happy running!

6 comments:

  1. I thought those were going to be pictures of what you ate post marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention, Vanilla (Just One Marathon). I definitely have to work at it to run sexy ... I was shocked and saddened to observe my running form recently while passing a big glass window. Why do I look like I'm nursing a sore hip when I'm perfectly healthy? And what's with the death-grip fists I'm making?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Off topic, but...WE WON! But I am sorry about game five...I wanted you to get to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again. Is it wrong that those pictures are making me super hungry? I love McNuggets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shouty outy. And those pictures make me want to puke. I will never eat again.

    Ok, that didn't last long - it's lunch time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know that's what they meant by listing hamburger as a topping. But it's missing a pitcher of beer.

    Thanks for the plug.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.