Saturday, October 20, 2007

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.

Hmmm. That’s a good point that I hadn’t thought of. Perhaps I should add this rule as an addendum to my Treadmill Manifesto.

Speaking of treadmills do you ever feel like the guy on the treadmill next to you is trying to out-do you? He is, at least according to Lance: the Blog! I know that I’m guilty of trying to run faster for longer than the guy next to me.

Are you having trouble accomplishing your goals? Just Your Average Joggler thinks that you should just quit. Ok, Ok that’s not what he said, but he did cite a recent study published in the September issue of Psychological Science that said quitters are mentally and physically healthier. Those guys over at Psychological Science are just inspirational I tell ya’. I guess they haven’t heard that no one likes a quitter.

Tazz over at Running... the pursuit of living found a humorous top 10 list from the Honolulu Marathon. Go check out the Top 10 Reasons To Run Honolulu.

I loved the way that Just One Marathon describes reading race reports: “It’s like experiencing the whole glorious event minus the pain.” I also loved that she described me as the “funniest running blogger” but I hope that she’s referring to my writing and not the race pictures that I recently posted.

Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week
Thanks to Ian over at A Tale Told by an Idiot for this Japanese game show Human Tetris clip.


Should the Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week become a regular part of the Weekend Splits? Let me know in the comments if you would like this feature to be continued, and then be sure to e-mail me whenever you find videos that qualify.

Have a great weekend everyone (except for you Viper - I hope that your team takes two losses and you have a miserable weekend). Go Sox!

11 comments:

  1. I like random non-running related videos, so I vote: yes. Make it a regular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sure, the occasional non-running-related video shows how well rounded you are. (Um, I meant emotionally/intellectually well rounded. Not trying to cast aspersions on your figure. Honest.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm against random videos.

    My vote goes towards every week having a new video of Asians trying to jump through oddly shaped holes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If they are all as funny as that one I have to say YES.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely yes...the more the better, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the post regarding my blog !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to poop on my pop tart. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The typo makes for an "interesting" sign...

    I vote yes for random videos.


    ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please, please, please keep the clips.

    Go Sox!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought of you this weekend at Target when I came across bags "limited edition" vanilla tootsie rolls! I love them as much as you do, so I bought three bags of them! It's great because it's not polluted with those awful fruit flavors or the chocolate ones. Nothing but vanilla!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's your blog, do whatever you want. Your race report was hilarious. Splashing gatorade up your nose and down your shirt, I never thought of it that way. I always walk to slurp gatorade, I don't want it to stain my race shirt, too many bad memories of cherry red koolaid stains as a kid, I guess. I was in Denver two days before your marathon, the weather was perfect and I had a great run down the Platte River Basin near the 16th Street Mall (looks like a great mugger's hangout), what happened? I used to live in Colorado, I know what happened. The fickle weather. It rained? I never owned an umbrella til I moved back east. A snow shovel, yes. Was that snow on Coors Field the day your precious Bosox clawed their way back?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.