Saturday, October 6, 2007

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.


Picture credit to The Booze Hounds Inc. Running Team, which quite frankly sounds like a running team that I could get on board with.

Tomorrow (Sunday) the windy city hosts the Chicago Marathon. Best of luck to all of the runners but most especially to the one's listed below:
  • Ali (Run #99 in a row!)
  • Jess
  • Tom
  • Perry (Just Your Average Joggler) - who will be joggling the whole way.
  • Doug

As for me, I'll be doing a little relaxing this weekend watching the MLB playoffs (let's go Red Sox!) and plenty of football through the bottom of my beer bottle. It's a little harder to see the TV, but the losses don't hurt quite so bad. If you're also going to be doing some relaxing then head on over to the newly opened Runners Lounge and hang out with me and all the rest of the cool kids over there.

I discovered a great new blog this week which is just going to cut back my productivity at the office even more. Lance: the Blog! I recommend you begin by reading his 10 Things You Should Never Say To Your Trainer, and then check out some of the other posts too.

In honor of those saps dedicated individuals running the Chicago Marathon tomorrow the terrifyingly named A Case of the Runs has one of those 'you know you're a marathoner if...' lists.

Amanda at Run to Finish tells the tale of having to run without socks this past week. I cannot run without socks, mostly because it doesn't take much of an excuse for me to cancel or postpone a run and not having socks would certainly qualify as a good enough excuse.

Nora over at Cruchy 'Nanas had a bizarre experience at the Paris-Versailles 10 miler. You should go and read it because I've never heard of congestion at the finish line happening at a race before. Wait... I didn't think the French liked running?

That's all I got today. Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the well wishes! The weather here in Chicago is supposed to top 90 degrees. Yikes! Guess I won't be getting a PR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to find anyone who will run without socks, but I swear I see it all the time at the gym. then again I see guys in like army boots and teeny tiny tank tops lifting weights too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out. Screw the Red Sox. Go Cleveland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've run without socks before. Don't ask... it was an "emergency." It really messes up your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the Crunchy 'Nanas shout-out! (Sorry it's so late in coming. I've been a bit negligent in the blog attentiveness lately...and this wouldn't post yesterday for some reason.)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.