Thursday, December 4, 2008

Fashion Statement


Despite what you witnessed in the previous post, Vanilla is the height of all fashion. The image you see above is a trendy boutique near the Spanish Steps in Rome, not the Rome in Georgia, the one in Italy. It makes me wonder what the Spanish Steps are doing in Italy, do the Spanish people know that their steps are in Rome? And is Spanish similar enough to Italian for the steps to even understand the people there? Are the steps bilingual? Not that there’s anything wrong with that. No doubt these are questions that philosophers have pondered ad infinitum (Latin!) over the centuries. These pictures come from Xenia the Warrior Princess who, rumor has it, pondered the answers to the above questions while running the Spanish Steps in Rocky-esque fashion. From the horse’s mouth (though I’m sure Xenia’s mouth looks nothing like a horse’s):

I was wandering around Rome yesterday and came across your eponymous shop near the Spanish Steps.

Is this where you're marketing your new line of sexy shorts? ;)

Eponymous: adjective - A name, as of a people, country, and the like, derived from that of an individual.

If I had to go look it up then I think we can all agree that you guys were going to have to go look it up too. Man, I hate people that are smarter than me and try to prove it by using sesquipedalian words.

Podcast
Amy, Nitmos, Raz and I are going to be recording another Podcast sometime over the coming week and being that we’re a group of unimaginative mouth-breathers (speaking primarily for Nitmos and Raz here) we’d like to ask for your input. If you have any topics you’d like to hear us discuss, or if you have any questions that you’d like us to answer for you then please leave them in the comments or e-mail them to me and I’ll pass them on to the others. Please don’t be offended if we don’t select your question to answer, it’s not necessarily because your question sucked, it may just be because you’re fat and ugly and don’t deserve to have your question addressed by 3 beautiful people and an idiot on a podcast. I’ll leave it up to you to figure out who the idiot is, but I think it’s obvious.

18 comments:

  1. Yeah, that RazZ, what an idiot!

    Is there an opportunity for us to discuss running and how we juggle that with kids/family?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a question. Why the hell are you being so easy on Amy? Maybe she's the idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And of course it's women's clothing :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Question for Amy: Is there any way to contact and arrange to run with the woman who pees herself when she runs? I'm, um ... asking for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At the risk of what could happen by entering the conversation...I'd like to know what you would say to a running icon (perhaps Beardsley for Nitmos) if you met him/her. I know that's not in the form of a question, but I figure you'll let that slide.

    And Nitmos, it's not polite to steal questions that a fellow blogger is writing a book to answer, you know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think instead of worrying about the podcast, you should spend your precious free time photoshopping yourself in orthopedist-issue shorts, shirt, and tie into that boutique's photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had the exact same "lovely woman's coat and scarf in the store" thought. Of course it's a woman's store. Of course.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, I'd like to hear about the most embarrasing thing that has ever happend to you and the others when either training or during a race. Book it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Amy, too. Nitmos must be the idiot then.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I told Amy this already, but maybe if I tell both of you it will happen. I liked your podcast... a lot! I thought you guys all said a lot of funny things, but you never laughed at each other's jokes, which made me wonder if I was stupid for thinking it was funny. So, that's my advice. Laugh at each other--there's a lot to laugh at! :)

    I want to know if you think of what you're going to post on your blog as you run...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate to say it, but tfh's idea is a good one.

    So, Mr. Vanilla, if you've ever wondered what you'd look like as a proud haberdasher, wonder no more. If that knee never heals, you now know what your fallback job can be. You don't have to turn tricks.

    This also answers a long-standing question: Yes, it is true: Dancing Gorilla's do NOT cast shadows in Italy. Modern science is at pains to explain this but, so far, to no avail.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It didn't surprise me one bit when I saw how many skirts were in the display windows. So appropriate.

    Glad you like the photo. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aren't the Italians (along with the French) the same people who bring us obnoxious hats made of fruit and ill-fitting burlap sacks and call it fashion?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Am I wrong in thinking that in Italian, like in Spanish, two "L"s together make a "E" sound? Should we start pronouncing you in such a wayso as to uphold your name with your fashion?

    Van-E-a?

    Sounds purtay! And it has just the right self-inflated ring to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a surreal post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am likin the podcasts, keep up the good....casting?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.