Saturday, August 25, 2007

Weekend Splits - Wedding Edition

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.

Seamus O'Toole. Bobby O'Shea.

"You know how they say we only use 10% of our brains. I think we only use 10% of our hearts."

My sister is getting married today! I don't have a lot of time to put the Weekend Splits together so I'm just going to recommend that if you're looking for some reading material over the weekend that you go visit my Sister's blog, The Ramblings of my Mind, and read some of her entries. It won't take long as there are only 10 total posts there, and fortunately none of them are embarrassing stories about her brother... yet. Anyway, go check out her blog in honor of her nuptials today, she's funnier than I am... funnier LOOKING! I can say that because the odds of her actually taking the time to read my blog today, on her wedding day, are slim and none.

I had been wondering what advice to give if given the opportunity to make a toast or address the wedding guests, and then I found this wonderful Marriage Tip over at The Lawson's do Dallas. So I think I'll just re-tell that story.

One of my readers is proving the validity of the cookie diet. Thanks for taking one for the team and trying it out dietcokegrrl.

Finally, if you're going to be a spectator at a marathon please be sure to read Complete Running's spectator guide. Don't shout things like "hey, only 18 more miles left!"

Thanks as always to everyone that links to Half-Fast in their blog or on message board forums, I know I'm probably missing some this week as I haven't been real diligent in following up on it, but the following blogs are the one's I found:

more chips and salsa please… which is written by dietcokegrrl, but maybe it should be renamed more cookies please…

Kara at Between The Miles who is the genius behind T-Shirt Thursdays, an idea that really needs to catch on and see some traction because it's awesome.

Jes over at Self Motivation not only runs and blogs but is also a grad student studying Forensic Science. Maybe she can explain why my favorite trail loop seems to always be going uphill. I swear it's like I'm in some kind of sick M.C. Escher drawing or something.

Last, but certainly not least Crabby McSlacker over at Cranky Fitness mentioned me in her Random Friday post. Those Random Friday posts are always worth reading.

Have a great weekend everyone! Happy running!

6 comments:

  1. You should give the entire toast using your a$$ as a puppet. That would really drive the point home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vanilla! Though "always worth reading" is probably an overstatement. Especially as this week's randomness seems to have descended into a discussion of butt cleavage.

    And yes, Congrats to your sister and do have a great time at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sugar.
    I have 2 running shirts queued up for next Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm afraid I can't help you out on your endless hill; however, if you find a body along the way... According to that Pearl Izumi ad (http://www.wearenotjoggers.com/home), "Ever notice how it's always r unners that find dead bodies".

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a ball on wedding..gr8 going

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.