Saturday, August 18, 2007

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.

But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a wood bicycle built for two.

If you want to read more about the wood bicycle pictured above go to Speedwork, and while you're there tell Dennis that I stole his picture thank you for letting me use that picture.

There must have been something in the air this past week because I found tons of funny blog posts and there is no way that I could fit them all into one post, so here are some of my favorites:

I'm going to warn you right now that you're going to want to file some of these under "T" for Too Much Information. I guess within the runners community we don't have any problem sharing this kind of stuff with each other.
Marcy at I Signed Up For This?!? shares with us the joys of runners ECP. What is ECP? Why it's Evil Crotch Pain, glad you asked?

KdoubleA is experiencing one of the lesser talked about downsides of morning running; having to poop in the middle of your run. Apparently this is not that uncommon as Amy at The Lawsons do Dallas is expecting the same problems when she begins training for her marathon in December.

Ali at Just One More Mile has been running for close to 50 straight days now and she has come to the realization that running is like aging. Does this mean that if I run less I'll look younger?

jkrunning had me laughing out loud with the top 5 searches that brought people to her blog. Apparently she blogs a lot about boobs, at least judging by the searches that led there.

Finally, See Zanne Run lost a battle with her stopwatch. That sucks for her, but it sure makes for entertaining reading for you and me.

A huge thank you goes out to everyone that has mentioned Half-Fast this past week either on their blog or on a message board forum. I see on my sitemeter stats page that some of my posts have been posted on message board forums and I love that my readers think me worthy of such high praise. You guys are the best. It's getting harder to keep track of everyone that mentions me on their blog but here is a quick list of those that I ran across:
Marathon Moona fairly new running blog but it shows a lot of promise so far. Mentioning Half-Fast is always a good way to start a blog, at least in my opinion anyway.
Amy's Running LifeEvidently Half-Fast appeals to people named Amy, I've lost count of how many Amy's comment here.
60 IN 3 - In a weekend roundup post no less.
Jess at 21 Days just celebrated post 652. - Boy do I feel stupid for making a big deal about 100 posts.
Ali, Amy L. and KdoubleA also linked back to me this week, but I've already mentioned each of them in this post once and it's a beautiful Saturday afternoon and I have better things to do. How much attention do you guys need?

Have a great weekend everyone! Happy running!

12 comments:

  1. I've turned it into a game....how many times will he mention my blog?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need lots o' love -- we're bloggers, dammit, we crave the validation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah you know I share all of it with my blogger family (and any online pervs that are silently stalking :P) If I have poop or crotch issues, you guys are the first to know LOL

    Thanks for the shout out homie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I'll take that challenge. It's on!
    How many times can we get half-fast to mention us?

    ReplyDelete
  5. jkrunning and Amy, I'm totally open to bribes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone should have an Amy. But, more than one? That's a handful.

    Amy's husband pat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've only begun to graze the surface of my blogging neediness.

    I'm changing my name to Amy ... they are getting attention just cause of their name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god, that bike is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not so fast...

    I think you omitted in your summary the highlight in the area of running attire: a certain guy's experience with the first men's running skirt.

    How did that not make the week's highlights?

    It's okay to draw from your own posts..

    ReplyDelete
  10. wahoo, thanks for the link, sir! I hope any blogging promise I might show doesn't fizzle out into a great big heap o' boring.

    Because that would be lame.

    ~moon

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.