Saturday, August 11, 2007

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.

Picture found at Just Your Average Joggler

The picture has nothing to do with this post, it just made me laugh so I had to steal it. Kara over at Between The Miles reports on the priest who was caught running naked right here in Colorado. I can't tell you how proud we all are of our clergy. If this guy gets convicted he's going to have to register as a sex offender, which seems a bit extreme. On the other hand he is a Catholic Priest so maybe that's just a good preventative measure anyway. Thanks Father Whipkey for proliferating the stereotype that Catholic Priests are perverts, and making all these jokes possible. You make my job so much easier.

Little Miss Runner Pants has some advice (and a hilarious story) about how not to make your protein shake. You really should go read it for yourself but on the off chance that you're too lazy here's the gist of it: Don't put a spoon in the blender.

KdoubleA over at Running to Detroit shares his story of being harassed while running. By an Army Drill Sergeant. "I don't know but I've been told..."

Finally, the Pizza 5K race was held this past week. Personally I think that someone needs to put combine this event with the Beer Belly Two, a two mile race with beer stops along the way and at the finish. I know I'd be willing to run 5.1 miles for some pizza and beer wouldn't you?

Quite a few people mentioned Half-Fast this past week. Thanks to Marcy at I Signed Up For This?!? If you ever can't remember how to get to her blog you can do a Google search for Hooker Boots and you'll get there.
Thanks to Rob at Run to Lose and to KdoubleA at Running to Detroit who both linked back to my morning running post. Also thanks to Amy at Runners Lounge who linked back to my Baconator post.
Last but certainly not least, thanks to Amy over at The Lawsons do Dallas who followed my lead in getting rid of word verification for the comments and continues to get funnier and funnier. I see a lot of you who comment on Half-Fast commenting over there which is great... just as long as you keep coming back here too. If you ask me she's a little too negative and I think she makes stuff up a lot. (That's a joke. If you don't get it then you should head over there and read some of Amy's recent posts because I don't have the time or the inclination to spell it out for you. Now who's being negative?)

Have a great weekend! Happy running!

12 comments:

  1. Great posts this week! I still can't shake the idea of the cookie diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the links. I'll be doing some browsing this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say that my ultimate goal is to have a link-worthy post. I need to keep working at it.

    I did take my word verification off though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, that picture just tore me up. I'm still cracking up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet!! I've got some reading literature for tomorrow! Thanks homie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just catching up on the past few posts. I hate morning running also.. for many of the same reasons! but for the last couple of weeks i have had to try it to escape the heat. not so sure yet.. but i do know this - runners high + caffeine makes for one buzzed up morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! More awesome blogs to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I'm glad that me taking word verification off my blog made it to your 100th post. I'm very important I guess...big time stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I love Amy's blog, so I thought, if she likes you, then I should give you a chance. It was worth the looking! You're a funny blogger too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the shout-out! And, I love weekend splits!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, he beat anarexia all right, apparently he beat the hell out of her!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.