Saturday, August 4, 2007

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.


One of the keys to having a successful site is having good commenters, so it is always a pleasure when I am outdone by one of my commenters. This week it was Pat (from Self Propelled) who one-upped my Baconator post by pointing me to the Heart Attack Grill. The sandwich you see above is called The Quadruple Bypass Surgery, and inappropriately it is served to you by waitresses dressed as 'naughty nurses'. So it's kind of like Hooters, except not quite as classy. They even have a blog where customers can upload pictures that they've taken of themselves with the naughty nurses, I think my favorite is this one. I like how you can see the guy's wedding ring in the picture. He's a keeper ladies.

Huge props to the Super-Cool Ali who recently completed Julyathon (a challenge she set for herself to run every day in July) and inspired many others to do the same for August. I was going to give Ali top billing on the Weekend Splits upon her completion of Julyathon but how could I put anything in front of the skanktastic Heart Attack Grill? Congratulations to Ali all the same, who is now going to be running every day for 2 months! Yeah, I hate her too.

Just Your Average Joggler announced this past week that he plans to make an assault on the Guinness Book of World Records as the fastest man to joggle a 50 mile Ultramarathon.

Robert over at Fit at Forty gives us a Marathon Item List which includes lot's of things you'll need that you probably haven't thought of yet.

Here's a quick non-running related link for you. Have you ever wondered what would have happened if Wild Thing Vaughn would have pitched against The Natural, Roy Hobbs? Wonder no more, this video gives us the definitive answer. Originally from Barstool Sports.


Thanks to Rundoodle, Cranky Fitness, and A Tale Told by an Idiot who all mentioned Half-Fast this past week. It is always appreciated and hopefully never goes unnoticed. Cranky Fitness is quickly becoming one of my favorite blogs. As a side note I think the author of A Tale Told by an Idiot actually has some writing experience/background which is a novel idea amongst bloggers. Just imagine how great it would be if everyone who wrote a blog actually had some training in writing, the blogosphere would be a much gooder place.

Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Ooooooo that link Heart Attack Grill link was sweet! Skankerific! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the Heart Attack Grill as a sponsor of a major race, with the nurses at the finish line

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I said, I've eaten at the HAG after a 5 miler. I was thinking I could have them be my sponsor and run all my races in a Heart Attack tee.

    Thanks for the mention, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I am going to be bumped from top spot, then I am happy it's for HAG. I am going out to buy the book, eat, drink and smoke your way to better health ... this sounds much more fun than running!

    Thanks for the mention ... I hate you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What would the world do without skanktastic nurses and burgers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both the sandwich and the website are quite scarey really! It's a funny world we live in where a place called the Heart Attack Grill is popular. I can see their arteries clogging up while the picture is being taken.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.