Thursday, December 6, 2007

Colder Bolder Race Pictures

Thank you all for your condolences and kind comments on yesterday’s post. I debated taking a week off from posting at Half-Fast given the circumstances, but what better way to honor a writer than to keep writing. Besides, getting back to normal can only help, so here are some race pictures from Sunday’s Colder Bolder 5K. (For those of you who ran it, here is the link to all the Colder Bolder race pictures.)

The first picture here features some guy in a Santa Hat. He was a good 30 - 40 feet ahead of me for most of the race. I decided to run him down at the beginning of the final mile and it took me forever to pass him, but I eventually did. Passing Santa doesn’t automatically relegate you to the naughty list does it? That’s me behind him in the white shirt with gray sleeves, we have less than a half mile to go in that picture. Not pictured: the little kid who blew past me like I was sap oozing down a tree trunk.


You can see in the picture below that I have removed my gloves and shoved them into my pockets. It didn’t occur to me at the time that doing so might make my pants look like standard issue Nazi fatigues. Maybe next time instead of my pockets I’ll just shove my gloves down the front of my pants. BAM! How do you like my race pictures now? Still not pictured: little kid who blew past me. I think he must have cheated and taken a short cut. It’s the only viable explanation as to how I got “kidded” which, for the record is not quite as bad as getting “chicked”.


Finally, just because I got such a positive response the last time I posted a picture of my kids, here is another picture of Cheer Team Vanilla. They are my motivation to run. Not in a I-want-to-be-healthy-to-see-them-grow-up kind of way, but more in a looking-for-any-excuse-to-get-out-of-this-crazy-house-so-I’ll-go-run kind of way.


More COWBELL!!

13 comments:

  1. Team Vanilla is too adorable for words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cheer team. Um, how did that old guy santa hat get in front of you to begin with? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew that's why you did such long runs! Maybe I should train for a marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just brrrrr!

    How cold in Boulder? I had to think about tights the other day and that sent a shiver up my spine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice race photos. Move over, Santa! And, yes, you still have the cutest cheer team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great race photos!

    Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hell YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!! That's my main reason for running. "Sorry kids, Mommy is running away for an hr. Peace out biatches!"

    The Vanilla Beans are the cutest!!! The Bean on the left has the cutest Granny pinching cheeks hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really....can they come to my race this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe there's no picture of your girly tassel hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Team Vanilla!! They are too cute. Lovin the motivation for running.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go Dad and Go Team Vanilla... great cheering section!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amen to loving your cheering section - they are too cute! Very sorry to hear about your friend - very nice tribute on your post earlier this week.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.