Wednesday, December 19, 2007

How Did I Miss This?

Warning: This post contains tasteful pictures of college kids running in their underwear.

Last Wednesday hundreds of San Diego State University students participated in the 3rd Annual Midnight Undie Run, and it was everything that you’re hoping it will be. The students gathered fully clothed and then stripped down to their skivvies and went for a mile long run. The discarded clothes were collected and donated to victims of the October wild fires who, when asked for comment said “... uh thanks, but we’d have rather been there to collect the clothes ourselves.” To be honest with you if I was a victim of the October wild fires, even if I had been wearing the same t-shirt and jeans for months I’m still not certain that I’d want to change into the clothes that some broke college student no longer wanted. I’m just sayin’.

I really feel like a failure for not catching on to this earlier. I mean, it happened a full week ago now, and I’m only just hearing about it? This is the kind of story that is tailor made for Half-Fast. Hot college coeds? Check. Stripping down to their underwear? Check. Posing for pictures that are available online? Check. Check. Some obscure tie-in to running? Check. What more could I ask for?

A little something for everyone.

Below are a few more of my favorite pictures from the event (as always click to enlarge), but if you feel like ignoring work for a while please feel free to peruse the full 87 image gallery at SignOnSanDiego. Come on, you know you want to. Besides it’s December 19th, no one expects you to actually get any work done anyway. You can also read the full article about the event (if you like kidding yourself that you’re here for the articles) or check out Mr. Irrelevant’s take on it, which is where I first heard about it (via With Leather).


13 comments:

  1. I think it's funny that none of those girls were wearing sports-bras... or maybe those ones just didn't make your cut for favourite pics :)

    Either way... ouch for the ones who didn't go with sports bras.. I guess they don't photo as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the ouch.

    In the North we aren't as fortunate. Instead we have the Santa Speedo Run.

    Red banana hammocks racing through the chi-chi shopping district of the city on a cold winter's day - it's not such a pretty sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom told me about the Santa Speedo Run (http://albanyspeedosprint.moonfruit.com/) in Albany, NY where she lives. I had never heard of them before - apparently I have been missing out. Though what does a girl wear for a speedo run anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang... looks like these kids have yet to experience the "college 10" (or college 30, in my case). Brats. I'm not sure I would have the balls to run in my undies, but I would have fun watching others do it. ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, better late than never. Don't let it happen again. Especially when it's topic this important to our sport.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh to live in San Diego. I wonder if they wouldn't mind a streaking joggler.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew about it, but I was shocked by your post, you mean there was actually an article about it? I thought pictures say it all...
    I want to move to San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, to be young and crazy again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that subject matter IS a dream come true for you. My dream come true would be to wake up with the bod of pink bra girl (yes, I know, I know, you'd like to wake up with her too...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it just me, or do the girls appear to be enjoying themselves much more? The guys look crazed. Like they're chasing the girls.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.