Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Return of the Snow Heels

I once again went running in the snow with my Mizunos. After reading about the problems I had in my 8 on the 8th report you may be wondering why I would do this and the answer is because I thought I had found a solution and I lack the mental capacity to learn from previous mistakes.

A couple of commenters who shall remain nameless *cough Jon and Linda cough* left comments on that post and suggested that I put Vaseline or Pam into the hole because oil and water don’t mix. I tried this and it turns out to be an outright lie. What is this world coming to when you can’t trust the advice of faceless blog commenters on the internet. And when I say faceless I don't just mean anonymous, I heard that Jon really doesn't have a face! Freakshow!

I actually didn’t have any Vaseline or Pam so I ended up spraying WD-40 into the cavity in the sole of the shoes, and it did seem to work for a little while but pretty soon I was having the same old problems again. It starts off looking like this:


After a while though it gets ridiculous. The snow keeps building up and building up and before you know it I’m running in heels, snow heels. By the time I was finished my Mizunos looked like this:


Sure, laugh it up but I’m going to roll an ankle if I try to run in those things. If those heels get any taller people will start calling them... um... you know... “do me” heels... except with “F”. Despite their height I don’t find them at all sexy, although that may have more to do with who was wearing them. Still, I’m not sure what you could wear with those heels, something that was both sporty and dressy at the same time. Perhaps THIS would work?

16 comments:

  1. That is one sexxy pump yo got there. I have seen shorter heels on strippers, and I do not mean paint strippers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's scary. I'm sensing it's time for you to cave in and hit the dreadmill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need a purse to match the shoes, then you won't look ridiculous.

    Seriously, you should move. Somewhere warm. Without snow. Shoes are expensive. It doesn't make sense to buy new ones or wait til spring. Move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm disappointed. Growing up, I was told WD-40 and duct tape can fix any problem known to mankind. So much for that theory. Or maybe you should line your soles with duct tape! Brilliant!

    Happy holidays to you and yours. I expect I'll have a lot to catch up on after the New Year.

    Thanks for the Robin Williams link over at team HQ. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about just duck taping the cavity shut?

    Those are pretty snazzy. You better start running with Mace to fend off all the boys who like boys in heels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how about a serious comment, if i may. have you looked into yaktraks? i hear they're the bomb for ice/snow running.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Running shoes for my daughter. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see it but I'm still not sure I believe it. Maybe you should tell Mizuno. Looks like a liability case waiting to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You could also ball the duct tape up and use it to fill the hole, then tape it shut. That way you're doubly protected!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, its all about viscosity and volatility. WD-40 is far to volatile and is not going to last in there. Also, its viscosity is so low it will wipe off easily, plus the layer will be thin. Same for putting Pam in there. And the only Pam that I know wouldn't appreciate you trying that.

    You might also try silicone spray. that stuff seems to be very hydrophobic and will probably stick alot better than Pam or WD-40.

    Then again, those FMP's are pretty hot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess you just have to move. Somewhere tropical perhaps?? You can't give up the shoes though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know, I think they look good. Heels are never comfortable, you just have to learn to walk in them. Trust me, they'll make your legs look HOT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear about the shoes! But hey, if heals were as comfy as those shoes probably are... I would wear them all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh Vanilla stop complaining, heels make your calves look hot :P I agree with the yaktrax. Dude they rock. You can find them on ebay for cheap ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure they'd look fabulous with your running skirt. If you are more interested in function than fashion, maybe Yaktrax are the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'm sure it's a big pain in the ass, but man, SO COOL!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.