Saturday, December 1, 2007

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.


Picture stolen from Dmitri’s blog “into the trails”.

The picture adequately sums up my feelings on treadmills, they are not for humans. I know that some of you disagree with me on this and for you folks, I recommend you check out the joggler. He suggests 5 mind tricks to make treadmill runs more interesting and I suggest that you take those 5 tricks, and stick’em where the sun don’t shine. The only mind trick that is going to help me get on the treadmill is the Jedi mind trick: “You love to run on the treadmill.” Yes, I love to run on the treadmill.

Tom over at the Runner’s Lounge has been doing a great job of posting gift ideas for the runner in your life. This was something that I was going to post about but he’s done such a great job at compiling gift lists for runners it would seem redundant for me to do it too when I can take the lazy route and just point you to his posts. Thanks for making it easy for me Tom! Books for runners. T-Shirts for runners. Other gifts for Runners. Also, while you’re there check out Amy’s suggestions on how to decorate your blog for the holidays, you know what just read all the posts and then subscribe to the feed. It’s all good.

Kelly at Fitness Fixation had a great post with the top 21 reasons that you should walk away from the table. Perhaps next year we could get this post a week before Thanksgiving instead of a week after?

Finally, Nancy found herself in a competition this past week with a hot young fitness intern chick and retells the tale of her epic battle here. The only disappointing part of the post is the lack of pictures of the hot young intern.

Apparently my blog requires a junior high reading level, which is appropriate because I have about the same maturity level. Like when I saw that, I was like no way? OMG like that is so TOTALLY appropriate. FWIW I soooo LOL'd at that and then I sent it to my BFF and he was like TOTALLY.

Well, that paragraph certainly won’t help. Perhaps it would ameliorate my ranking if I used more words of Brobdignagian proportions instead of such diminutive ones.

Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week
I discovered this video over at A Tale Told by an Idiot.



Authorities are currently looking for the bird in question. Rumor has it that he dyed his feathers a little darker and fled to the Cayman Islands and has gone into hiding. However his love for salty snack chips will be his downfall as he was spotted again at the beach. If you have any information as to the whereabouts of this bird then please contact local authorities immediately. No one's chips are safe until this fiend is locked up.

7 comments:

  1. Love the picture! I was just getting ready to hop on the "thrillmil" (justrun made me call it that) for a 6 mile run. I will keep your mental trick and the Jogglers in mind.

    Thanks for the mention - good luck on all your upcoming races - even your completely downhill virtual 8K. :}

    Amy
    http://blog.runnerslounge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you are funny. Does that mean my sense of humor has developed to a junior high level? I must be maturing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I was thinking that too, Jes. You obviously have an audience that enjoys "this level" :P

    Thanks for the shout. I certainly thought it is was epic. BTW, she had on tight black pants, pointy heels, and a very tight hot pink sweater, shoulder length blonde and very cute....but no match for the old gal. :D Had I known I was going to be in an epic battle, I would have brought the camera for the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the hampster wheel would be more fun than the TM, I really do. I hate that frigging thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the treadmill picture! It is so true!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only Jr High? I totally rocked the High school level. Start talking about hookers and stuff and you'll be all set :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. V.- I got lazy this morning and blew off the Colder Boulder.. but I hope to make the Rudolph's 10k in a couple weeks.. come up and say hi before the start.. I'm the guy with the beard and hippie hair and the sweater.
    Lucho

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.