Saturday, December 15, 2007

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.


The above picture had me in tears laughing. Looking at it now I’m not all that sure why, but perhaps it had something to do with the bottle of wine that I had just consumed before I opened Chuckie V’s blog and found the picture.

Fitness Fixation reviewed the Baywatch Beach Body Workout and was decidedly against it. While I agree with Kelly’s assessment in principle I would like to advise her not to “Hassel the Hoff.” Ladies, no need to thank me for the eye candy to the right. You are welcome.

Congrats to Amy Lawson who ran a new PR in her marathon last weekend! Now comes the good part Amy, rewarding your effort by overindulging and running less. At least I imagine that’s what I would do if I ever ran a marathon.

Frayed Laces also ran a marathon last weekend (race report Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3), but in order to make it more challenging did so with a broken pelvis. Yes, you read that right. Broken. Pelvis! I hurt just thinking about a broken pelvis, let alone attempting to run a marathon with one. In fact if I ever break my pelvis I will just have myself euthanized so I don’t have to deal with the pain. Big ups to Frayed Laces. Get well soon.

Keep your eyes open for Just Your Average Joggler when you’re out driving around this weekend. It turns out he’s a menace to society, jaywalking and who knows what else.

Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week
This weeks video goes out to all those of you who will be travelling over the holidays. Have you ever been on a plane that felt like it swerved a little when it touched down on the runway? My guess is that you were landing in a crosswind. Do you have any idea how airplanes land in crosswind conditions? I didn’t until I saw the video below.



Have a great weekend everyone.

6 comments:

  1. the only thing sexier than the hoff working the speedo is him licking a burger off the floor. Thanks for the eye candy, I'm adding Knight Rider the complete DVD series to my christmas list

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what I'm more afraid of now: flying or ever reading your blog again lest the Hoff makes another appearance. But I guess if that's what the ladies like, then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a funny pic--lol...and I have been on a few cross wind landings in my life, pretty wild... great video clip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny stuff, Vanilla. Have to make sure I lean to the opposite side of the cross-winds when i'm landing on my next trans-atlantic flight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sick, I'm tired... I could use a new post to read. I'm bored. Update your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad I saw this airplane video after my first 12 hour flight. I would have said forget Paris!

    That bike pic is too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.